Friday, April 29, 2005

where am I from?

Whare am I from? This is the question people ask me all the time. I am trying to think....
My grand parents were as old as Nasereddin-Shah rea. They lived in Kashan at the time. They migrated to Tehran in late 13th century. My parent were born in Tehran in Reza Shah Period. I was born in Tehran before the Revolution. I have seen many cities in my life. Isfahan, Shiraz, Yazd, Kashan, Damascus, Istanbul, Rome, Paris, Vailladolid, Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, London, NewYork, Ottawa and Montreal. It's been two years that I live in Toronto. Now... where am I really coming from? I have a bond with all the cities that I have been to. I don't know which city I really belong to. It took me so long to know what it means to be Iranian. It was restricting. So I moved out. Then I started to learn how to become Canadian. It is restricting too. Now, I am trying to be a citizen of the world. This is how I learn to care about all the human beings no matter what is their race and language and culture. I am worried about poeple in Iran as much as I am do for the people of Afghnestan, Iraq, Sudan, Tailand, Vietnam, and Palestine. It is all about being a human being and think of world as a place to live for all of us. What is the meaning of territoy? Men are creating these things and they fight for them. I am not part of this game. I am a woman...

1 comment:

Solivan said...

heaven born