Thursday, June 23, 2005

Umberto Eco and my New Resolution

Last night I went to Umberto Eco's event. I loved his The Name of The Rose and I really wanted to see him. It was great! He was such a funny and wise man. With his Italian accent he managed to amuse the crowd and make them laugh. I got him sign his latest book for me. David Gilmour asked him if he anjoyed being famous, he said that he enjoyed being an old gentleman! I think it is a very profound answer.



Meeting with Umberto Eco brought me back with the idea that I have been developing lately about changing my life style a bit and spend more time on art and culture. It's been a long time since I haven't gone to movies regularly, haven't read books as much as I used to, haven't gone to opera, concerts, theatres, musicals. When I was in Iran, I was doing this and I was craving to have the opportunity to do more. Now, that I am here and there are all these moveis and theatres and concerts available, I barely take advantage of them. There are always excuses: busy work schedule, socializing, community activities, and reading about election in Iran!!!! I am not going to continue like this. I have to catch up. My immidiate resolution is to manage my life and put some time for cultural activities. This is hobby as well as education. I will try to regularly write about the stuff that I see and enjoy in my weblog.

2 comments:

Solivan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Solivan said...

That’s fabulous. It’s really great and appreciable . As an IT professional I can tell you that’s exactly what we are looking for in IT. IT is all about specification and specialization. Find a kind of life the you love and enjoy it. If you look after IT professionals, they are working on one or two major items. They focus on something and will make it happen. For those that they are working on media , IT is an interwoven item. You can not talk about media and data communication without considering IT. IT is faster than we think, we understand and we learn. In world of media everybody knows Kerry Pack; he is the Chairman of Publishing and Broadcasting Limited PBL which is the biggest media corporation in Australia. He is one of the first media professionals who focus on IT wise working. “I don't want to be left behind. In fact, I want to be here before the action starts.”, he said. About your new ideas, I want to say that it’s the most IT wise action that you can do. Go and do it, whatever that makes you happy, make us too. Again I suggest you to take advantage of the environment that you are living in. it’s pretty interesting by itself. Good luck and have fun!