Sunday, May 15, 2005

Love is all about sharing

There are a lot of lonely people in Toronto. Whenever I see someone alone, sad, or depressed, I feel so pity. It reminds me of my loneliness days. I remember when I was biking home from school. The weather was cold, I was going to my room in a house with an Indonesian landlady and a Japanese roommate. Unlike my real home in Iran, no one was there to expect me. Nobody was there to ask how the school was, if I had eaten, or how I was feeling. No matter how difficult it was to be in those intimidating classes where I couldn't really get more than half of the content, nobody was there to encourage me. I didn't have much money so I had to work in a store to make some extra cash. My classmates were so arrogant and competative. I didn't really have any friends.

Those difficult days passed. The one thing I learned from those days was that if I wanted to get attention, if I needed some sympathy, and if I expected some care, I had to give it to people myself. Maybe my white classmates were too spoiled or preoccupied to need my attention, but there were some poor international students who were in even a worse situation than me, so I could help them. And I could be there for them. Very soon I managed to get out of the horrible world of alination and create my own little cirlce of friends.

Now I have a great love in my life. Thanks God we both know how to share. Love is all about sharing. It is so hard to break our thick skin of selfishness and self-love and start to love someone else. I hope all the lonely people learn the necessity and the greatness of sharing and start to enjoy the great gift of love.

1 comment:

Solivan said...

Why are there so many Love Songs? Is it because Love is the most important dream of all? i think so.