Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Motherhood

Today I met with my friend's mother. I am stunned by this woman. She is just amazing. Right now, she is working two full time jobs during weekdays and weekends. She also does shopping, cooks seperately for her son and her daughter, and keeps her house very tidy and clean. She has also decorated her house, making some furniture and household objects. Needless to say, they are so tasteful, delicate, and beautiful. I can't believe she gets time to do all this. Compared to her, I am a lazy girl.
How someone can do so much and be so happy when she relatively doesn't recieve that much? I remeber many women in Iran were the same. They did a lot of things with the least expectation. They hardly got appreciated. I figur the secret is motherhood. There must be something in motherhood that is so great and so strengthening that gives such a power to women. Maybe it is the sense of creation. Even the greatest artists can never create a living thing, but a mother does. She creats a living creature who lives and loves, thinks and works. A woman who is such a big creator, must be so satisfied that she has the energy to do anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

سلام...اگر قرار بود افراد موفق با اشك مادرانشان به موفقيت برسند ، اي كاش هيچكس موفق نميشد ، با وجود اينكه مرد هستم ولي با مادرت همدردم .