Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Nostalgia

I am working for a Canadian television station called Toronto 1. Today one of the producers (he is gay, don't think bad about us!!!) put a picture on my wall paper. It was a beautiful city with nice mountains and high-rises in the horizon. Only a quick look hit my heart. I said "VOW...." He said "It is Tehran!" I suddenly realized the meaning of that strange feeling that I felt at the first place. I said "I miss the mountains!" He said he had the same feeling about the mountains of Vancouver, his city. Then he showed me some pictures of Vancouver. I wasn't really impressed. I know that Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world but I miss Tehran. I want terrains mountains. I miss terrains smell, terrains pollution, terrains green. It reminds me of one of Shamim Bahar's writings: "Tehran is dirty and impolite. I am dirty and impolite too!" All this would have look luxrious to me at the time, but now I am really experiencing the same feelings. I can't believe that I miss Tehran so much. This is the city I wanted to leave so badly. Now I miss it so badly. I am really confused...

1 comment:

Solivan said...

This is my city too.